Please note that all deposits are
non refundable unless of course
something happens on our end so make
sure you really want one of our
puppies before you commit.
These are dogs that are no longer in the breeding
program for one reason on another.
A PET'S TENCOMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch.
Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
When I am Old...
I shall wear
turquoise and soft gray sweatshirts... and a bandana over my silver
hair.....and I shall spend my Social Security Checks on Sweet Wine and
My Dogs.......and sit in my house on my well-worn chair and listen to
my dog's breathing.
I will sneak
out in the middle of a warm Summer night and take my dogs for a run,
if my old bones will allow... and when people come to call, I will
smile and nod as I show them my dogs...and talk of them and about
them... The Ones so Beloved of the Past and the Ones so Beloved of
Today.... I still will work hard cleaning after them and mopping and
feeding them and whispering their names in a soft, loving way.. I
will wear the gleaming sweat on my throat, like a jewel and I will be
an embarrassment to all...and my family... who have not yet found the
peace in being free to have dogs as your Best Friends.... These
friends who always wait, at any hour, for you footfall...and
eagerly jump to their feet out of a sound sleep, to greet you as if
you are a God. With warm eyes full of adoring love and hope that
you will stay and hug their big, strong necks...and kiss their dear
sweet heads...and whisper to them of your love and the beautiful
pleasure of their very special company....
I look in the
Mirror...and see I am getting old.... this is the kind of woman I
am...and have always been. Loving dogs is easy, they are part of
me, accept me for who I am, my dogs appreciate my presence in their
lives...when I am old this will be important to me...you will
understand when you are old....& if you have dogs to love too.